Seminars and Personalized Consultation
Life Planning Seminars
The pandemic has changed a lot of the ways we do things. The Life Planning Seminars were cancelled last year due to COVID. The retirement office has been working on an online version of the presentations that our office carries out at the events. The modules are now live in the K@TE system. You can use your net ID and password to access these modules:
- Benefits that Continue
- Retiree Insurance Guide
- Leaving the University
- TCRS Legacy and Hybrid Plans
- ORP and ORP Hybrid Plans
- Deferred Compensation
- JCRS (Joint Consolidated Retirement System)
- CSRS and FERS Overview
- Return to Work
Search for ‘Life Planning’ and you will see all the choices. Some are tailored to specific retirement plans and some apply to most if not all employees. We hope this is helpful for employees until we are able to hold in-person events again. Please contact us at email@example.com if you have questions.
The following life planning seminars and sessions are offered at each campus and institute:
- Retirement 101
- Federal Retirement Plans (FERS & CSRS)*
- Joint Contributory Retirement System (JCRS)*
- Optional Retirement Program (ORP)*
- Tennessee Consolidated Retirement System (TCRS)*
- Wills and Estates
- Retiree Health Insurance
- Social Security
- Deferred Compensation (401k, 457, & 403b Plans) and Financial Planning
*Pre-registration is required to receive personalized retirement booklets during seminars.
Personalized Retirement Projections
- Employees enrolled in the Tennessee Consolidated Retirement System (TCRS) can request a projection by contacting TCRS at 800-922-7772
- Employees enrolled in the Optional Retirement Plan (ORP) should contact VOYA (ING) or TIAA-CREF
- Employees enrolled in JCRS, FERS, or CSRS should contact the Retirement Services Office at firstname.lastname@example.org
Ready to Retire Classes
If you are ready to retire, or somewhere in the middle, help is available! The Ready to Retire Class is very similar to the Retirement Services session of our yearly Life Planning Seminar but serves a much smaller audience (registration is limited to 25 employees per class). The Retirement Services Office will include a personalized benefit booklet and offer several opportunities to ask questions about the retirement process. To sign up, please visit the k@te training page.
Departmental Benefits Reviews
Departments may request an in-house benefits review seminar. This program includes information regarding retirement, insurance, deferred compensation and other benefits available to employees. For more information, contact Retirement Services at email@example.com.