As the COVID-19 pandemic situation evolves, Benefits Administration has made an additional temporary benefit change for our health plan members.
From March 17 – May 31, 2020, members won’t pay for Telehealth visits when they use carrier-sponsored Telehealth programs (Cigna: MDLive/AmWell and BlueCross BlueShield: PhysicianNow), even if the visit if for something other than COVID-19.
To use Telehealth (virtual medical services)
- Cigna members – you will need to create your user profile with your current health information.
- Log into MyCigna.com
- Look for MDLive or Amwell and select the vendor of your choice
- Or, call 888-726-3171 for MDLive or 855-667-9722 for Amwell
- BlueCross BlueShield members – you will need to create your user profile with your current health information.
- Log into BlueAccess at bcbst.com/members/tn_state/
- Look for and select Talk With a Doctor Now
- Or, call 888-283-6691
Recap of COVID-19 benefit information
- You and your eligible dependents won’t pay for Telehealth visits from March 17 – May 31, 2020, through carrier-sponsored Telehealth programs, (Cigna: MDLive/AmWell and BCBS: PhysicianNow), even if the visit is for something other than COVID-19.
- You and your eligible dependents will have no copayments, no deductible, and no coinsurance for COVID-19 in-network testing and in-network outpatient visits associated with testing.
- You and your eligible dependents won’t pay for in-network visits to provider’s offices, urgent care facilities, convenience clinics, or emergency rooms that lead to a COVID-19 test.
- You and your eligible dependents won’t pay for in-network visits to provider’s offices, urgent care facilities, convenience clinics, or emergency rooms if a COVID-19 test is performed during the visit, even if other services are received during the same visit.
- Benefits waivers described above do not apply to monthly coverage premiums or any COVID-19 treatment that follows outpatient testing and associated visits that lead to testing.
- If you believe you have been charged costs that should be waived, call your insurance carrier at the number on the back of your insurance card and ask for help.
These benefit changes apply to health plan members, in all plans; Premier PPO, Standard PPO, Limited PPO, CDHP/HSA and Local CDHP/HSA, with both carriers: BlueCross BlueShield and Cigna.
Find more information about COVID-19 testing and FAQs, pharmacy, Employee Assistance Program (EAP)/behavioral health, wellness, and online tools and resources by going to www.tn.gov/ParTNersForHealth. Partners for Health is regularly updating coronavirus benefits information (PDF) on their website.
Call the Benefits Administration Service Center:
800-253-9981 or 615-741-3590
Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. CT
To stay informed on the status of COVID-19 in Tennessee, the following resources are available to you:
- For a comprehensive list of statewide resources, please visit: tn.gov/governor/covid-19.html
- The Department of Health (TDH) continues to be a primary resource for up-to-date information for the status of COVID-19 in Tennessee.
- Review the COVID-19 symptoms found on the CDC website.