During the state of Tennessee’s open enrollment period, which starts Sept. 30 and runs to Oct. 11, regular employees working at least 75 percent time have the opportunity to sign up and make changes to health insurance benefits.
The decisions you make during the enrollment period are effective Jan. 1 – Dec. 31, 2020.
Important 2020 Updates
- Health insurance premiums will stay the same.
- Same health plans as last year: Premier Preferred Provider Organization (PPO), Standard PPO and CDHP/HAS
- Same network options: BlueCross BlueShield Network S, Cigna Local Plus and Cigna Open Access Plus
- Copays, coinsurance and deductibles are remaining the same
- Other benefits premiums: No premium increases for dental, vision, disability and life insurance plans. The premiums for these benefits will stay the same.
- To see all premiums, please visit https://www.tn.gov/PartnersForHealth/insurance-premiums.
Networks and benefits may change and impact you. It is a good idea to review your enrollment selections each year. If you don’t make changes, your current medical, disability, dental, vision and life insurance choices will stay the same.
Medical Benefit Improvements
- Acupuncture will be an added benefit, acting the same as the chiropractic benefit. Find a plan comparison chart at https://www.tn.gov/partnersforhealth/health-options/health.html.
- Costs are waived for members who use certain preferred substance use treatment facilities.
- PPO members who use these high-quality facilities won’t pay a deductible or coinsurance for facility-based substance use treatment. CDHP/HAS members’ coinsurance is waived after they meet their deductible.
- Copays for PPO members and deductible/coinsurance for CDHP/HAS members will still apply for standard outpatient treatment services.
- Find preferred Optum, a leading health services innovation company, providers at https://www.here4tn.com or by calling 855-HERE4TN.
Enroll or Make Changes in Edison:
- On the Edison homepage, look for the green “Benefits Annual Enrollment” button.
- Enrolling on your smartphone or mobile device is now possible.
- Find step-by-step login instructions at https://www.tn.gov/partnersforhealth/ae.
Enrolling New Dependents
- A list of required documents is at https://www.tn.gov/partnersforhealth/publications/forms.
- Upload documents in Edison or fax to 615-741-8196
- Deadline for dependent documents is Oct. 11
Not Sure Which Plan Is Right for You?
Everyone’s needs are different, and there is a lot to consider. Take advantage of these resources.
- Review the 2020 Annual Enrollment Newsletter.
- Watch a video tutorial.
- Attend a webinar.
- Live chat with the state’s benefits office using the “Help” button.
Contact your campus or institute insurance office or the UT System Payroll/Insurance Office at 865-974-5251.